Saturday, December 11, 2004

Alas, Another Contender

Hold the press releases on the Worst Christmas Song Ever. I have another nominee. It is...as bad...as...soap poisoning. It is called "Christmas on the Moon." Words and music by Jerry Silverman. Sing along with me, if you please:

"Christmas on the moon, let's spend Christmas on the moon,
Far above the earth and its cares, we'll catch Santa unawares.
We'll float beneath the starry skies, and we'll watch the old earth rise,
On an old time Christmas like we uster, rendezvousing with our booster.
For the boy and girl with ev'rything, how about a little lunar fling?
In a capsule that's just built for two, let's rocket to the moon, I mean, sock it to the moon.

And we'll spend Christmas on the moon, let's spend Christmas on the moon,
'Round and 'round the moon we will go, in our guided mistletoe.
Away out there in outer space, we'll meet Santa face to face,
All the Christmas lights will shine so brightly, as we touchdown satellitely.
Just my little honey babe and me, we'll defy the law of gravity.
There is one thing to be thankful for, although we may be weightless, we surely won't be dateless.

For our Christmas on the moon, let's spend Christmas on the moon,
All our blessings we'll be countin' when the earth comes over the mountain,
Let's spend Christmas on the, Christmas on the moon."


Oh, I forgot. I hope you did not sing out loud. I would hate for someone to hear you, and thereby end up in the Cuckoo's Nest for Christmas.

I think this one has to be the frontrunner. Winner to be announced Christmas Eve. There is still time for other nominees.

No comments:

Post a Comment