Friday, December 17, 2004

Don't Look At Me, I Just Worked There

Reefy Reeky, on 60 Minutes:
"Williams said a third failed drug test made him retire because he was 'scared to death' that people would find out he smoked marijuana."

Well, I've got news for you Ricky, the whole world knows you smoked marijuana. By the way, how many grown men still use the name "Ricky"?

Williams goes on:
"The thing I had the most trouble with was that after you fail your third test, then it becomes public knowledge," said Williams in the interview, parts of which will also be shown on CBS' Sunday pregame show "The NFL Today." "That's one thing I couldn't deal with at the time - people knowing that I smoke marijuana. That was my biggest fear in my whole entire life."

So now that your biggest fears have been realized, now that the cat's out of the bag, why are you not playing football? You have nothing to be afraid of now. Dude, it just doesn't add up to me. That can't be the reason. Only someone doped up on weed could think this makes sense.

Williams also said he has no share in the blame for the Dolphins disaster of a season:
"Ricky Williams insists the Miami Dolphins' dismal season isn't his fault. 'That's their problem ... It's not my problem anymore,' Williams told 60 Minutes in an interview to air Sunday on CBS. 'I played as hard as I could whenever I put that uniform on, but I'm not doing that anymore, you know? I moved on.' "

And I love the last paragraph in this report. I've read it several times, and it still doesn't make any sense:
"To a lot of people, I look very foolish in what I am doing and I understand that," Williams said. "(It doesn't bother me) because the only thing that matters is how I feel, and if I let what they feel affect me, then it changes how I feel."

Yeah, Ricky, life is tough. But maybe how others feel and how others perceive you should make a difference in how you feel, or act. It is part of being an accountable mature adult. But does this make any sense in light of your above statements about how you were afraid of people finding out about your marijuana use? If the only thing that matters is how you feel, then why were you scared about people finding out? Ugh, my circuits are melting down the more I think about this.

I look forward to more interesting quotes in the future from Ricky Williams. This guy has Mike Tyson potential for saying wacky things.

No comments:

Post a Comment