Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Thank God He Can Play Football

Every chance I get, I try to listen to Jim Rome's radio program. It is an entertaining 3 hours. Unfortunately, I don't always get to hear the whole program cause of a little thing called work. I know, I shouldn't make such a big deal about working, but when I can't hear the whole program, I like to read the wrap ups on his website. I guess I'm too cheap to pay for Streamlink if I don't absolutely have to do it.

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. This is off of Rome's website from 1/10/05. Classic.

Redskins Safety Sean Taylor had his DUI charge dismissed late last week in Virginia. The judge, Mitchell Mutnick, kicked the case after he watched a video tape of Taylor performing various field sobriety tests. Judge Mutnick said, “I’ve seen a whole lot worse. I don’t think the evidence was sufficient.” That’s your reasoning, you’ve seen worse? Nice judge! Taylor performed most of the tasks given to him well, with one exception…reciting the alphabet. He seemed to have a little trouble with the letters j, m, and n. You heard me right! He missed the letters j, m and n. His lawyer Warren McClain says that isn’t a big deal. “The alphabet test, to me, is kind of confusing. I don’t think anyone has asked Mr. Taylor to say the alphabet since the fourth grade.” I’m sorry, what did you just say? Did you just try and tell me that the alphabet was ‘confusing’? I’m pretty sure that’s what you said…I just wanted to make sure. How in the world is the alphabet confusing. It isn’t like they change the answers all the time. It isn’t like there is a trick to reciting the alphabet. The letters have been in the same order for quite some time now. The alphabet is confusing. Good thing they didn’t ask him to do something really confusing like read. Look, I know that these guys aren’t all Rhodes Scholars. I know that these guys aren’t settling in with the great classics of literature when they have some down time around the house. I don’t expect them to be able to do the New York Times crossword puzzle in ink, but I don’t think that it is too much to ask that they actually recite the alphabet without missing 3 letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment