Saturday, February 19, 2005

The Fighting Nightmares

Illinois must be stopped. I mean that as badly as anything I have written. No, I'm not talking about the fact that they are unbeaten and ranked #1 in the country. I'm talking about this:


Here's your #1 team- The Fighting Tangerines. I'm so tired of looking at these dreadful uniforms. They are ghastly. Orange T-shirts, orange jersey, orange shorts, orange shoes. Why doesn't someone else speak up? And I get the feeling that Illinois thinks they're "hot". They wear them for almost every game. Away game you say? How about a nice repugnant orange for you? Home game you say? How about a nice gruesome orange? Who started this trend? It'd be fine if it was a once a year alternative uniform. But to show up to play looking like that every game- it's tasteless.

Does any one still have a black and white television? I know a lot of the portables are B&W. How can you tell the two teams playing apart when both the home and away teams are wearing non-white unis? It'd be a confusing mish-mash of scrambling players, with no identifying characteristics.

And in color, I think it looks even worse. It does not look like Division I basketball, it looks like a rec league wreck. Two weeks ago when Illinois played Michigan, it looked like two University of Starburst intramural teams running up and down the floor.

So, please, do something NCAA-powers-that-be-men. Do something about this before it's too late. Ban the orange uniform. I'm not dreaming of an orange Final Four, but I'm afraid I'm going to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment