Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm Getting Bad Reception

My son is in Youth Choir. There are at least 15 other youth. On Sundays when they sing, there is usually piano accompaniment. And we are sitting at least 50 feet, sometimes probably almost 100 feet, from the choir. Yet my wife says she can hear him singing. All I hear is a piano and a bunch of kids crooning. He sings bass. There are about three other basses in the choir. I listen carefully for his voice. But I can honestly say I have never distinctly heard it. And it is not that he's not singing. The director of the choir has made comments regarding his singing voice, and he is not bad.

Is this a mother phenomenon? Are women just naturally THAT MUCH more attuned to hearing their children's voices? Another mother of a choir member made a comment about how so-and-so sounded so good one Sunday. I just nodded my head. I had no idea what she was talking about.

I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment