Thursday, October 13, 2005

"I Can't Take It, Captain"


There was absolutely no excuse for my ST segments and T waves to be doing this last night:

I blame Larussa for my acute myocardial infarction. There was no reason I know of to bring in Isringhausen in the ninth inning with a 3 run lead. Except to unhinge any plaques in my coronary arteries. Anyone who thinks a 3 run lead is safe in this guy's hands has not watched Cardinals baseball this year.

Carpenter had sailed through the eighth, so why risk bringing in the Cardinals' human blowtorch?

Note to Cardinals medical staff:
Whatever you are feeding Reggie Sanders, how about giving Isringhausen a taste?

I guess I should just be happy the Cardinals "escaped" with a 5-2 win. Let's hope tonight is a blow out victory for us. Otherwise I'll be forced to leave my room to get to the nearest intensive care unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment