Friday, January 13, 2006

When Did We All Escape Earth And Land On Bizarro?

I woke up yesterday and thought it was January. And I'm pretty sure today that it still is.

I'll concede that it was quite warm. The high was 58 degrees. A tad warm for January, yes. But not unheard of, certainly.

So why is it that I believe something happened yesterday that has not happened around here before.

Bear in mind that what I am about to write I did not myself witness, but I have it from a reliable source that it did indeed happen. That source being my son, an honest chap if I do say so myself.

At approximately 4 PM yesterday afternoon, there was a man down the street from where I am right now who was outside in his yard. That fact is not peculiar, but what he was doing was. Sure it was sunny out. And warm.

Okay, here's the thing. On January 12, 2006, there was a man in my town mowing his grass.


Now, my grass, several weeks ago, went dormant. It is not growing a lick right now. And it shall remain in this state for another 3 months, more or less.

Has this man discovered a super fertilizer, which causes his grass to grow all winter? Or is his 64-pack of Crayolas missing Raw Umber?

If anyone else has mowed the lawn in January, I apologize. It's just a double take inducing moment. The fact that it snowed today makes it even more bizarre. I'm sure that man's proud to tell anyone who'll listen that he got his mowing in before the snow fell.

No comments:

Post a Comment