Monday, February 20, 2006

Just Blog, Baby


If Al Davis blogged, he might say that. But if I may, I'd like to use that expression for Minister2B at Lutheran Jargon.

TK links to a post at Lutheran Jargon about subject matter that is very familiar to me. And probably everyone else with a blog.

I find it impossible to focus in on only one subject for my posts. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can, and am fascinated by those who can and can do it well.


When I first had the idea to write a web log, I thought I was going to just write about the St. Louis Cardinals, thanks to my inspiration at Redbird Nation. But I realized that really limits what one can write about.

So I expanded my concept of this blog to include two other foci, Christianity (in the generic sense, and Evangelical Catholicism, or Lutheranism, in the narrow sense), and the culture (what there is of it). Fortunately this has provided a bottomless well of topics.

I am so glad I did not limit myself, because when I seem to have beat a theme to death, or there is nothing to write about in one area, I can move to another. That has its own problems, because there is rarely a seamless transition from one topic to another. But I don't care about that!

And another familiar thought offered by Minister2B- that his blog has turned into something different than what he originally intended:
"
Looking back on what this blog has degenerated into, it's nowhere near what I had originally intended it to be. To its definite detriment, I may add."

I think anyone who has been at this awhile can relate to that feeling. My blog sometimes goes over the border in to just plain silliness, something that I did not foresee at its inception. This blog has sometimes taken the old Rush Limbaugh concept of "illustrating absurdity by being absurd" to an extreme.

But its mine and I like it.

2 comments: