Monday, March 06, 2006
Random Thoughts On A Gray Winter Day
- How many spider eggs have we consumed in our lives? Surely spiders have crawled in to our beverage holders at one time or another as they lived in our cabinets, and layed their eggs.
- I hadn't thought of these two in years, but recently something (I don't remember what) reminded me of two things from 30 years ago or more:
Ringo Starr's "No No Song" hit single.
Make A Wish morning children's show.
Both of these things were way-out '70s fare. Especially Make A Wish. Full of colorful mushroom-induced cartoons with hippie-speak folk songs. Crazy, man.
- Recently I saw one of the "Beatles Anthology" discs, I think the one with Shea Stadium's concert on it. Later on in the disc there is a video, one of the first videos ever, I'd guess, that was of the song "Paperback Writer". It first appeared on old Ed Sullivan's show. If you look closely at the video, I think Paul McCartney has a chipped right front tooth (which I think started the whole Paul's front tooth is dead rumor). But seriously, if you have it, check it out.
- If we had a Gilligan's Island cartoon, and a Star Trek cartoon, how come they never got around to making an Andy Griffith Show cartoon before Don Knotts died?
- How come the President is the only one who seems to be subjected to job approval ratings? We all should have job approval ratings. And they should be published in the paper.
- Better yet, let's have Blog Approval Ratings. Visitors to our blogs would vote on whether they approve of our handling of our blogs. It could be a daily thing. Have a real stinker post (yes, I know, that's quite common in my remote corner), and watch your poll numbers take a nosedive.
- How come the whistle is not used more often as a musical instrument? I only remember it in Donna Summer's "Bad Girls" and Led Zeppelin's "Fool In The Rain."
- And what ever happened to Donna Summer?
- Whatever happened to kaleidoscopes? We used to get one from time to time as children. I haven't seen one in probably 25 years.
- Anybody figured out how to have a blog-radio show yet?
- How come when you get to adulthood you don't have pizza parties or popcorn parties anymore? I used to love these when we had these at school.
- Can you show up for church 5 minutes before church ends and still qualify to fill out one of those attendance cards? Or is there a time limit on tardiness for counting a person's church attendance? What is the protocol?
- Wiffle ball, anyone?