How would you describe it, Mr. Spock?
Yes, I think that is an apt description.
Here are my weekend observations.
- My football picks stunk like royal slop.
- Brett Favre should have retired or the Packers should have retired him. The Packers stink.
- The Lions new uniforms are ugly. The black uniform trend was out of style five years ago, guys. And how you could go from arguably the best looking jersey (see archives) to this black monstrosity is beyond my limited brain. IT WAS HONOLULU BLUE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, HONOLULU BLUE. Absolutely beautful.
- I loved the use of the term University of Chief Illiniwek by NY Giants OG David Diehl last night when he introduced himself on NBC's Sunday Night Football. For those of you who don't know, the official name of the school is the University of Illinois. But since the politically correct crowd is succeeding in enforcing its will against the majority of students and fans, Chief Illiniwek is rumored to be on his way out after this season. Well done, David.
- I still can't stand either of the Manning boys, although Peyton has him some funny commercials.
- The Ravens win was a huge wake up call. The AFC North didn't really need another great team, did it?
- Finally, congratulations to David for his Design Star win. He was the most talented designer. However, I don't think he has the relaxed personality and onscreen presence of his rival, Alice. Should be interesting to see what kind of vehicle they put him in.