Friday, October 20, 2006

Smoke And Mirrors



"It has to rank up there. Talk about being nervous in the ninth inning. If you had stuck me up in a tree, I wouldn't have been able to stay in it -- I would have fallen out."
- Cardinals co-owner Fred Hanser.

If you'd have told me in May that the Cardinals...

1- Would be without the services of Mark Mulder for the last 3 1/2 months...

2- Would be without the services of "Good Jason" Isringhausen, figuratively all year but literally for the last 1 1/2 months...

3-
That David Eckstein, Jim Edmonds, and Albert Pujols would miss significant portions of the season...

4- That Chris Carpenter would not win a game in the NLCS...

5- That Albert Pujols would have 1 RBI in the NLCS...

6- That Yadier Molina would be the Cardinals hottest hitter...

And then tried to tell me that St. Louis would be in the World Series...

I'da thunk ye mad.


"And yet it happened."

No comments:

Post a Comment