Monday, December 04, 2006

This Sums Up My Past 3 Days Perfectly



Before going any further, I must give a shout out to the website I "borrowed" this drawing from:

http://www.joelcarlo.net/gallery/albums/sketches/normal_mhc-blizzard.jpg.

We've been trapped without any internet access. Ice storm Thursday night and Friday morning put the cable down and out. I almost wish for the days of dial up right now. No, scratch that. Actually, I still don't miss those days.

At least we have power. My parents, along with thousands of others, do not have electricity right now. At least they have a gas fireplace and stove. When it's single digits, it can get cold fast. Some are living in hotels or shelters. So I could be griping about things that are a lot worse than not being able to access the internet for a few days.

Anyhow, if posting, visiting and commenting seem a bit scarce, it will hopefully be corrected soon.

In the meantime, I leave you with some pictures of myself from the weekend. It is amazing what you can do with all the free time from not blogging. Like ice skating and snowboarding, or just hanging around.









5 comments:

  1. Oh my, This is the weather coming my way! Lets hope everyone keeps their power for the Jan. first blog-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MarieN!

    Hopefully you missed it. It should have come through over the weekend if it was going to hit you. Good to hear from you, let's me know the outside world is still out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scottius!

    Snowboarding on the mountains in St. Louis must be a real thrill. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Scottius!

    "Donner!...party of five...your table is ready!"

    Sorry for the obscure historical reference. We were lucky - all the snow missed us. Don't gnaw off a foot or anything. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quipper!

    It is thrilling. Especially because of the Budweiser bottles strewn about.

    DMG!

    As usual, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete