Sunday, December 16, 2007

But Mine Was Posted First

I love Rome's "take" on the Mitchell Repot and the accused. 'Cause it's mine also. He just does a better job completing the thought.

From jimrome.com

"
Roger Clemens, through his attorney, has vehemently denied ever taking performance enhancing drugs. You’re going to have to do better than that, Rocket. I don’t want to hear it from your attorney, I want to hear it from you…and I’ll say now, what I said about Barry Bonds when “Game of Shadows” dropped. If I was one of the sport’s greatest players ever, and someone fingered me as a cheater, calling into question everything I had ever accomplished, and it wasn’t true, I’d be looking to riot. I’d be screaming from the rooftops that it was a lie, and I’d be looking to sue anyone that had anything to do with the assertion.

I’d sue the guy who said it, Brian McNamee, I’d sue the guy who put it in the report, George Mitchell and I’d sue the lumberjack that knocked down the trees that put that lie on paper. I’d sue Al Gore for inventing the internet where you can read the report. That’s one of the biggest problems I have with Bonds…if he thinks “Game of Shadows” is a book of lies, why doesn’t he say so? Never tested positive does not mean never used drugs.


Clemens’ attorney tried to discredit McNamee yesterday, and maybe he did lie. But why would he? He was told that not telling the truth could result in criminal charges. Bad enough he had to rat out his star client, but do you really think he would lie in order to do it? Doubtful! But if I did, and my entire legacy was on the line, I’d be looking to start a war. Ball’s in your court, Rocket."

No comments:

Post a Comment