Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wanna Feel Really Old?

Then keep readin'. You'll feel a cataract and a few blood vessels slam shut before I finish.

This has been a fun week. Nick at Nite ran a Cosby Show mini-marathon all last week, which we spent most nights watching. I'd forgotten how much I loved that show.

So I started doing a little reading about the show on Wikipedia and IMDB. I was stunned by the results of my research.

Did you know that the "girl", Sabrina LeBeauf, who played Sondra the oldest daughter, is now 50 years old? Yes, you saw that right- 50!!!

Did you know Lisa Bonet (Denise) is 40 and Malcolm Jamal Warner (Theo) is 38? And Tempestt Bledsoe (Vanessa) is 35?

Would you know this person?


That's 29 year old Rudy...errrrr...Keshia Knight Pulliam.

Even the little girl who played Olivia, Raven-Symone, is now 22.

There were many unique things about this show. Remember Kenny, who Rudy used to call "Buuuuuud", and his twisted 5 year old chauvinism. And Rudy's other friend Peter, who was plump and hardly spoke?

Or how about Bacon Burger Dogs?

And how great were the openings? The music and dancing was outstanding.

Every season had it's own unique intro. Well, except season 6 and season 7 were almost identical.

My favorite opening is definitely season 6 and 7, followed by season 2, season 3, season 4, season 5, season 1 and season 8.

YouTube has them all. But here's the link to my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment