Sunday, December 07, 2008

NFL Week 14

Another week of 10-6 and a win Thursday makes me 121-70-1. ESPN experts here and here.

Let's hope the Vikings don't let us all down in the pursuit of the perfect season for the Lions. What else does Detroit have to play for? Nothing. They just need to finish this thing.

If they survive today, then they reach 0-13, which is exactly where Miami stood at this point last season. That team then got a home game against a mediocre opponent and ripped our collective guts out with an OT win to ruin what would have been the first 0-16 year.

Fortunately, if today plays out the way it should, the Lions get the Colts next week, which means they'll be the first team to reach 0-14 since the expansion year Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1976.

We would then enter unchartered waters the following week, which is I think the most dangerous game left on Detroit's schedule. A home game against the also-ran New Orleans Saints. Two weeks from now I may lock myself in the basement from anxiety and not come out until that game is in the books. I don't think I could stand the suspense of the continual game scores scrolled across the regional game I would be watching.

Chicago.
Minnesota.
Green Bay.
Tennessee.
Indianapolis.
New Orleans.
Giants.
Denver.
Miami.
Jets.
New England.
Arizona.
Pittsburgh.
Baltimore.
Carolina- Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment