Sunday, December 14, 2008

NFL Week 15

Last week's 13-3 record and Thursday night's victory have left me at 134-73-1. ESPN experts here and here.

I can't believe we're at week 15 and Detroit still hasn't won. Way back in the first month of the season, when there were still a lot of winless teams, I thought St. Louis and Kansas City were far more creditable for running the table in reverse than Detroit was. But thanks to the always unforeseen injury bug, we're here where we are. Doesn't it feel great?!!!

There's no chance of a Lions win this week, so I can relax. However, the two most important weeks on the schedule remain a challenge to my nearly sane state of mind. I still think next week is the real danger left on the schedule. New Orleans, out of the playoff picture now with nothing to play for, must travel to Detroit, who has everything to play for. Folks, the more I think about it, the scared-er I get, so let's just drop the subject, okay?

I've got something to get off my chest- is there a worse, or more pretentious, show on TV than "Football Night In America"? It has all the smarmy charm of a cocktail party you really don't want to be at because you can't stand anyone in attendance. What has happened to Bob Costas? Yuck. Keith Olbermann. Yuck. Tiki Barber. Yuck. The more I think about it, the nauseated-er I get, so let's just drop the subject, okay?

Atlanta.
Washington.
Indianapolis.
San Diego.
Seattle.
Miami.
Jets.
Tennessee.
Jacksonville.
Arizona.
Carolina.
Baltimore.
New England.
Giants.
Philadelphia- Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment