Saturday, October 03, 2009

It's Been 50 Years

Last night marked the 50th anniversary of the premiere of "The Twilight Zone". The TV show, not the song. Although I love the song, too.

Occasionally I catch "Coast to Coast AM" on the radio in the early morning, and today they were kind of celebrating this anniversary. Too bad Art Bell wasn't hosting. But I digress.

This morning's guest was none other than Bill Mumy.

Yes, that Bill Mumy. While most remember him as Will Robinson, he will always be "Anthony" to me, the all powerful boy who, for all intents and purposes, was a terrorist to his small town on one of the Twilight Zone's most memorable episodes.

Mr. Mumy is now 55 years old and has his own website. Notice the Jack-in-the-Box-like picture, which had to be inspired by "It's A Good Life", the Twilight Zone episode that is seared in my memory.

He was actually on two other Twilight Zone episodes, which he recalled on "Coast to Coast." I've forgotten those.

I guess that makes me "a bad man- a very bad man."

Happy Birthday, Twilight Zone!


No comments:

Post a Comment