Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Reading

Exodus 35-38.

The first Super Bowl I remember well is Super Bowl IV, when I was 5. Over the last 41 years, the Bears have only played in two of those games, winning one. They first made the playoffs in the Super Bowl era when I was 14 years old, so I suffered through a lot of bad football as a child.

They didn't appear in the NFC championship until I was 21 and a senior in college. They lost that game, but the following year rolled through the rest of the NFL like "Grant through Richmond."


"Or sh*t through a goose, more precisely."

They next appeared in the NFC championship three years later, but lost.

They never made it back again until four years ago, eighteen years later, winning that game.

If the pattern holds true, they'll lose tomorrow.

Only four other times have the Bears played for a chance to go to the Super Bowl, so this has been a big week for me. It has happened less than once a decade on average.

Thanks for indulging me.

Just be prepared for another two weeks of this football stuff if they win tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment