Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday Reading

Mark 1-4.


With the NFL season around the corner, I've been exercising my NFL uniform eye. One of the websites I follow is, of course, Uni Watch, which has an amazing page called White At Home In The NFL.

It is an historical record of every time an NFL team has worn white jerseys for home games since 1957.

Since the Bears have worn white at home only a handful of times (4 to be exact), I've naturally always been a fan of team wearing their colors at home. I've never understood, for example, why the Cowboys almost always wear white at home, when their blue uniforms give them one of the best, if not the best, uniforms in the league.

Only 1 team, the Seahawks, has never worn white at home. Which is a shame, because they have one of the ugliest uniforms in existence. They are the exception to the rule.

Each year there are uniform tweaks. I know the Bills have gotten rid of their hideous uniforms and gone to a more classic look.

I'm not sure who else has made a change, but I'm looking forward to the new season to see the winners and losers- in the uniform arena, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment