Sunday, October 09, 2011

NFL Picks Week 5

Last week was another 11-5 week, the 3rd time in 4 weeks with that record. For the year I am 45-19. That's good enough for a 5th place tie with the ESPN NFL Experts.

The quarter was 8-8, 29-34 on the year. I think it's fair to say the experiment is over. I CAN do better than a coin flip this year.

First bye week of the year, six teams are sitting it out this week. So there are only 13 games.

And, of course, there's a Bears game Monday night. Which brings me to an ethical dilemma, what do I watch tomorrow night?

Why they are having baseball opposite Monday Night Football is beyond me. But I'll bet there will be complaints about the MLB NLCS ratings being down this year. It isn't hard to figure out. They stick the game opposite the Bears on MNF. And they stick it on a remote outpost of a channel on TBS.

And they wonder why ratings keep falling. The baseball powers are just stupid. Playoff games should begin late afternoon or evening, and be only on the big 4 networks. Period.

But I digress, this is supposed to be a football post.

The Jets are in trouble, just like the Bears, who will probably fall 3 games off the pace this week.

Pittsburgh.
Giants.
Cincinnati.
New Orleans.
Houston.
Buffalo.
Indianapolis.
Minnesota.
San Francisco.
New England.
San Diego.
Green Bay.
Detroit- Monday Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment