Sunday, May 25, 2014

This Week's Reading And Rush

Numbers 22-28.


Rush is not my favorite band.  Rush is not even my favorite Canadian band.

But don't misunderstand- I do like them.

I only have two of their albums- Moving Pictures and Signals.  I think they went too synthesizery after that.

Still, Moving Pictures is one of my favorite albums.  It came out my senior year of high school.

I rarely listened to "side 2" of the album because "side 1" is so impressive.  Red Barchetta is my favorite song on the album.

I never even saw a red Barchetta until the internet appeared.  When Gran Turismo 2 came out, I had to create one to drive and it was my favorite vehicle.

Yesterday morning while channel surfing I ran across a movie chronicling the band's history.  I didn't intend to watch the whole thing when I ran across it.  But I did.  Because it was solid enough to hold my attention. 

I would give it two thumbs up if I were two movie reviewers.  I'll daresay it was excellent.  Watch it if you ever run across it.

I am still not the band's biggest fan, but I do respect their intensity and musicianship.  They definitely deserve their Hall of Fame recognition.  Especially for a 3 man band.

To me, though, something about the music always seemed a little too perfect, like in a mechanical way, to me.  Like a computer would generate or something.  Which is why I rank April Wine and Triumph above them.

It's just a personal taste thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment