Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Past Week's Reading And King Of the Monsters

Deuteronomy 23-30.


This morning Monster Zero was playing on one of the Epix movie channels.  Which reminded me I had not posted about the latest movie I saw, Godzilla.

Up until now, Monster Zero was my favorite Godzilla movie along with Godzilla Vs. The Smog Monster.

But the 2014 version has supplanted that.  I am pretty sure it is because of the special effects, which make the early 1960s Japanese effects look pretty child-like.  However, those older versions do hold a certain charm for that reason.

I also prefer Godzilla pictures where Godzilla is a hero.  So I also liked the latest version for that reason.

I'm not clear whether Godzilla is male or female (I always thought Godzilla male as he is "King of the Monsters").  But apparently in the 1998 American movie Godzilla laid eggs.

Of course, there are animal species where males do that, so it all gets rather confusing.  I'll just stick with my male supposition, but who knows?

Anyway, I liked the theme in Godzilla that man is not in control of his world, and anxiously await an almost certain sequel.



No comments:

Post a Comment