Thursday, January 01, 2015

You Win Some, You Lose Some

My 2014 goals were all within reach at one point last year.  Strange thing is, the goal I thought would be hardest I reached, as well as the goal I thought would be easiest.

It was that medium difficulty one that I failed at.

I reached my 20,000 push up and squat goal on 12/19.  I took a break after that.  And promptly got a cold.

I don't know if there was any causality involved.  But that is not the first time that has happened.  Need another reason to exercise?  That one alone convinces me.

However, I have noticed I am aging.  I find myself struggling to do as many reps as I could a few years ago.  But maybe it's just that injury to my R shoulder in 2013 that set me back, and I've just never recovered fully in strength.

I did get back to pull ups and chin ups

I was able to read a chapter a day in my ESV Bible.

So I discovered if you do that and start at Genesis, you can only make it to the end of 1 Chronicles by the end of the year.

I actually read about 4 more chapters than I set as my goal.

And I won't finish the Bible this year either.  In fact, I won't be out of the Old Testament, but will be getting close.  Man, there are a lot of chapters to read.

I'll hit the Psalms soon, and I'm not sure how I'm going to do them, because I'll do more than 1 Psalm a day I'm sure.

Alas, the blogging was my downfall.  I had set a 200 post goal for 2014.  I came in at just under 100.

Not that there wasn't plenty to blog about.  I just found myself too tired from the cares of this world most of the days the past 6 months to put in the extra effort.

The other factor why I didn't make it was I have transitioned the majority of my internet time to an iPad.  Which for some reason or another does not work well with Blogger.  It's cumbersome to post.

So I usually wait until I get on my laptop to make a post.  Which is sometimes days.

For that reason, and the other cited above, I've adjusted my goals for this year.

A chapter a day reading ESV.
20,000 push ups/sqats/pullups.
100 blog posts.

D.V.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment