Saturday, February 24, 2018

Friday and Saturday Reading and CICGC

Deuteronomy 4-9.
Luke 10-11.

Since January, Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee has been available on Netflix.

I had never seen the show until then, but am a big fan of the comedy of Jerry Seinfeld.  So naturally I decided to give it a try.

For the most part I have thoroughly enjoyed it, although some of the guests I would not ordinarily have accepted money to watch.

I am six episodes into the 2nd "Netflix season". I discovered, however that the Netflix seasons in no way correspond to the original internet seasons.

My favorite episode so far was Michael Richards.  And I don't think it is just because I am a Kramer fan.  He just had interesting things to say, like the chess savant.  And there is a certain sadness palpable in him, as in one who has been broken.

Ricky Gervais was very funny.  Loved JB Smoove, John Oliver, Chris Rock, Norm McDonald, Kevin Hart and Trevor Noah.  Liked Will Ferrell, Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Jimmy Fallon

Surprised I enjoyed Howard Stern.  And Barack Obama.

Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner was just weird.  It was like Carl Reiner got pushed aside from the show he was supposed to be featured in.  Still very entertaining.

Very disappointed with Joel Hodgson.  And Christoph Waltz?  The heck was that?

The rest are sorta "meh".

I'm about half way through the old episodes.  Looking forward to seeing the new season later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment