Sunday, February 12, 2006

Seinfeldian Olympic Thoughts


In honor of the Winter Olympics, Dawson at Caffeine and Irony ran this routine from Jerry Seinfeld that sums up my thoughts perfectly. Enjoy:

"So many events of the Olympics don't make sense to me, I don't understand their connection to any reality like... like in the winter Olympics, they have that Biathlon, you know that one ? That combines cross-country skiing with shooting a gun ? How many alpine snipers are into this ? To me it's like combining swimming and strangle a guy, why don't we have that ? That makes absolutely as much sense to me, just put people in the pool at the end of each lane for the swimmers.

And that other one that I love is the luge. You know the luge, where the guy wears the slick suit. This is on the bobsled run, but it's not even a sled. It's just bob. It's just a human being hanging on for their life, this is the whole sport. Just ahhhhhhhhh... "oh he pointed his toes... oh, this guy is a tremendous athlete".

The luge is the only sport I've ever seen that you could have people competing in it against their will. And it would be exactly the same. You know, if they were just picking people off the street, "hey hey hey, what is this ?! I don't wanna be in the luge". You know, you put the helmet on them, you wouldn't really hear them screaming, just....


- purrrrrr -

"you're in the luge, buddy"

"ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh... aaahhh..."

"World record. Didn't even wanna do it"

I wanna see that event next year, the involuntary luge."

No comments:

Post a Comment