Wednesday, January 31, 2007

An Actual Baseball Related Post


They're re-running (I like that word better than repeating) Albert Pujols' and wife's interview on Focus On The Family today. Actually the first part was yesterday and the second one today.

If you missed it and want to listen go here for part one and here for part two.

Albert has gotten some grief from some fans for being aloof and not as approachable as guys like David Eckstein. But I understand this perfectly, and say more power to him. Heck, I'm not even a world class athlete, and I've been known to be the same way. Some view this as arrogance or pride. I don't. The problem is, many do not respect another's right of privacy, to have a personal life away from his vocation. I could, and can, get a bit surly, too, if everyone wants a piece of me all the time. Come here, go there, I need this, I need that, can you do this for me, why not, I guess you're not very nice after all, you don't "act" like a Christian. It makes a person who is a little on the introverted side want to withdraw. I don't know him, and don't know if this is the case, but I can see how this could be and I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.



At any rate, at least he isn't Barry Bonds...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment