Sunday, January 03, 2010

NFL Picks Week 17

Hard to believe, but the excitement of the season is about to end. Football, not the holidays. Final games today. For the first time all year, all 32 teams play today.

Last week I finished 10-6, so that made my overall record 160-80. I'm 3 games out of first, as far as the humans are concerned, so I need a big week to win. I'm actually tied for second, which isn't bad. ESPN Experts' picks and records here and here.

I'm utterly confused and disgusted with the Colts. Their decision to tank their game last week against the Jets was criminal. A lot of money, as well as the fate of other teams in the playoff hunt, were riding on that game, and in the spirit of fair competition, they should be held in the utmost contempt.

Even if they win the Super Bowl, I think their organization (not the players, who had no part in this decision) will not deserve respect for disrespecting the competition of the league. What a sham.

As you can tell, I'll be rooting hard for someone to knock them off now. And I won't be foolish enough to pick them again.

Lots of toss up games. I could pull this off.

Buffalo.
Jacksonville.
Chicago.
San Francisco.
Pittsburgh.
Minnesota.
Atlanta.
Carolina.
Houston.
Arizona.
San Diego.
Tennessee.
Baltimore.
Dallas.
Denver.
Jets.


2 comments:

  1. Just wondered if you changed your mind since that Pats player was knocked out for the postseason. Not that it matters for them any longer.

    ReplyDelete