Friday, August 26, 2005

The Sorry State Of The World


The new Mike and Ike is a perfect example of what's wrong with us.

There was nothing wrong with Mike and Ike. It was perfect the way it was. Original fruits- orange, cherry, lemon, and lime. You could count on it. It was delicious.

But someone got all happy with the idea of "improving" it by adding strawberry. Now the whole thing is not the same. Mike and Ike is not as good as it once was. Because they've messed up the milieu.


And they are calling it "Original Fruits With New Strawberry". Hey, I may be a moron, but how could it be the original fruits if there is something new added?

I find myself having to pick out the strawberry. It detracts from the lemon, lime, orange, and cherry. Now the totality of the whole has been diminished. Thanks a lot, whoever you are.

They've pulled this stuff before with Froot Loops, Trix, and Lucky Charms. Adding new flavors, I mean. I think Lucky Charms was the first product to pull this stunt of trying to change something that was perfect. Years ago, they added blue diamonds to Lucky Charms. So now I call the act of messing with something that isn't broken "Blue Diamond Syndrome".

Listen world, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

And don't even get me started about the disappearance of Cherry and Bub from the face of the earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment