Saturday, August 27, 2005

Look Away...I'm...Hideous


Remember this classic exchange from Seinfeld between Jackie Chiles and Kramer?

Jackie: Did that cigarette warning label mention anything about damage to your appearance?

Kramer: No, it didn't say anything.

Jackie: So you're a victim. Now your face is shallow, unattractive, disgusting.

Kramer: So Jackie, do you think we gotta case?

Jackie: Your face is my case.


That's the feeling I get from comparing the top songs of 1978, posted at the great Kiihnworld, to the top songs of 1981, the year I graduated high school. It's hideous. Not even close. I can't even bring myself to copy and paste the top songs of 1981 to this post. Granted, it's not as bad as the crap being put out now. But I had to go through the top thirty songs just to find one I would consider burning on a CD. So maybe I'll sue the record companies for making music so shallow, unattractive, and disgusting in the year of my graduation. Get me Jackie!

If you must, click here to view the top songs of 1981.

But please, I beg you, turn away.

No comments:

Post a Comment