Saturday, September 03, 2005

Here Is Something Funny


As most of you know by now, I love the Planet of the Apes movies. In "researching" my next post, I ran across this website dealing with the movies. There are essays about the movies here.

One of the essays deals with "Illogical Plot Elements."

Illogical plot elements? For Planet of the Apes? Are you kidding me? Say it ain't so! You mean there is something illogical about the plots to these movies? Thank God there is an essay to set the record straight.

The plot of the WHOLE series is illogical! And yet the writer leaves out the most important illogical plot element- that astronauts would travel through time and crash land on a futuristic earth ruled by intelligent apes with human slaves! This is where I would start if I were writing an essay on illogical plot elements.

Note to my fellow Planet of the Apes fans- let's all take a deep breath and relax. Remember our mantra...IT IS ONLY A MOVIE. Otherwise we'll end up with Triumph The Insult Comic Dog coming after us, like these poor folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment