Friday, January 13, 2006

Why Cell Phones Are Ruining The Culture- Reason No. 159


This is from Snopes.com. And no matter how much you may want to believe it, this did not happen to me.

"I was traveling back to my hometown and, responding to Mother Nature, decided to stop at one of those rest areas on the side of the road. I went into the washroom. The first stall was taken, so I went into the second stall.

I had just sat down when I heard a voice from the other stall. "Hi there, how is it going?" I am not the type to strike up conversations with strangers while sitting on the john in restrooms on the side of the road. I didn't know what to do, but finally I said, "Not bad."

Then the voice said, "So, what are you doing?" At this point, I was starting to find the situation a bit weird, but I said, "Well, I'm headed back east." Then I heard the person, all flustered, say, "Look, I'll call you back. Every time I ask you a question, the idiot in the next stall keeps answering me!!!'"


By the way, don't ask how I came up with the number 159. It just sounded funny. Does that make sense? Can some numbers be funny, while others are more smooth (88) or proud (1)?

No comments:

Post a Comment