Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Opening Day Mid-Season Form

Yesterday was opening day, yet some in the Cardinals clan are in midseason form already.

Sure, I could be talking about Scott Rolen. His grandslam was nice.

Sure, I could be talking about Albert Pujols. His two home runs were incredible.

But even topping that, we have an announcer who is in mid-season form.


I mean, I knew Mike Shannon would be hyped up with it being opening day and all. But I never expected to hear this when he described Pujols second home run of the day:
"And here's home run number two for Albert, whooo, into the upper deck, baby...good bye!... a smoking line drive...you could hang a week's wash on that one! It's 13 to 1! There goes the 13 run pool...first game of the year and the 13 run pool is down the drain!"


Don't ask! Mike's in heaven. You see, the Cardinals' season has begun.

To listen to his wild call, go to http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=stl, go to the middle of the page where you'll see More Sights and Sounds. Click on any of the clips and you'll find the radio call "Pujols two homer game" on the right hand side of the window.

Also, tonight, if you're not doing anything, I invite you to watch video of the "practice" game at Busch Stadium tonight at the above website, starting at 6 p.m. I'm sure there'll be plenty new to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment