Thursday, August 02, 2007

More Evidence Bud Selig Has No Clue

Story here. Poor Bud. Boo-hoo.

I love Jim Rome's take on this, which I reproduce here from his website-

"
Instead of constantly questioning Barry Bonds morally and ethically, I think it’s time we all took a step back and acknowledged what amazing and significant milestone he’s about to reach. A truly astonishing, physical and mental feat! No, I’m not talking about Bonds, I’m talking about Bud Selig traveling across the country following Bonds’ “traveling circus”. Ask Selig himself, and he’ll have you believe his effort has been nothing less than heroic…quote, “This has been a tough experience, I don’t mind telling you. I don’t think anybody can say I haven’t made a ‘Herculean’ effort. In fact, I do have a lot of people who are stunned I’m still at it.”

No joke, Commissioner. If anything, I don’t think you’ve been giving yourself enough credit lately. Other than you, who could endure this? The average fan has no idea just how taxing it can be flying around the country in private jets…staying in five star hotels and watching Baseball games from the owner’s box. You’re right! That is ‘Herculean’! It would probably kill the average guy.


I mean, the trials and tribulations of Bud Selig make what our soldiers are going through in Iraq look like a “walk in the park”. I’ll tell you what else is ‘Herculean’…your gall! I don’t think coal miners, fire fighters and policeman think flying around the country, attending Baseball games is so heroic. While you may not have shot anyone up, or rubbed any of the clear or cream on them, if it happened, it happened on your watch; so you need to grind your way through Barry’s death march just like the rest of us. You’re going to Baseball games, not the electric chair.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment