Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can't Get It Out Of My Head

There was an ELO song by that name. It was pretty good.

But there is a song I heard this week that keeps looping in my head over and over and I can't get it out. So I thought, if I got it in all of your heads, maybe it would leave mine. Kind of like passing on a virus.

What song? Just wait a second and let me finish. Sheesh.

It was played over and over on Jim Rome's radio show this week.

This last week has been one of the best weeks in a long time in The Jungle. Not only are we in the middle of the "Rex streak" that seemingly won't end soon, but the beginning of the week saw the song "Yakety Sax", aka "The Benny Hill Show Theme Song", take over the show.

It's a weird feeling to be driving in your car and wondering if other drivers are questioning your sanity. Because, when you're the only one in the car, it's not normal to be driving and wiping away tears from convulsing with laughter.

If it were only just the Larry Hughes segment, it wouldn't have gotten such a grip on me. But the entire rest of the show was taken over by that song, making it get funnier each segment.

Great stuff. I'm not sure if it was the show, the music, the mental images of Benny Hill segments in my head or a combination of all three, but a good laugh does wonders for you.

I hadn't thought of Benny Hill for a long time and probably hadn't seen him since his show ran on KPLR back in the early 80s.

Hat tip to Burn Monkey Burn for the original segment and for the bonus Benny Hill clip.


No comments:

Post a Comment