Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weekend Reading

Isaiah 49-56.


I got to see the 3rd period of last night's game 7 Stanley Cup Finals. I'm glad I did, it was quite exciting. Pittsburgh hung on for the win. There have been plenty of good final series in hockey.

Has there been an interesting NBA Finals in the past 20 years? The answer is no. Almost never do we get to game 5 with the series dead even. It's usually over more or less after game 4.

Even though they get hyped every year, the NBA Finals are a bore. A real snoozer. There have been two game 7s in the past 20 years (I only remember the 1994 series between Houston and New York). Those are some exciting basketball finals to watch, huh?

The last good NBA Finals was 1988, a 7 game series between LA and Detroit. Orlando would have to win the next two games to get me interested again. Otherwise, I'm not watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment