Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Didn't Say It....I'm Only Repeating It!

"Most womens' cars are a mess"- Ray Magliozzi.

That was one of the messages on Click and Clack today.

I must agree with this observation. And I guess he should know, considering his vocation.

Now, Tom didn't want any part of that statement. But I don't think it's because he didn't believe it. He just didn't want to be sucked into a potential whirlwind of protest.

But I have no such qualms.

And the statement's application has nothing to do with how good of a housekeeper a woman is. Or how well kempt she is. Or how fashionable.

It's just that, chances are, her vehicle's interior is in some state of disarray.

Of course it isn't 100% true. I'm sure there are some very neat cars kept by women in this world.

But by in large, I think women treat their cars like they do their purses. It's kind of a dumping ground for things. A closet, if you will.

They leave stuff in them for long periods of time. There are gum wrappers and food remnants likely to be found.

Maybe it's a product of hauling children around.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a neat freak when it comes to my own car. But I bet it's cleaner than most women's cars.

Anyway, maybe we're wrong. But I thought what they said was a bold and interesting observation.

Here's the link if you'd like to listen- it's only a 3-4 minute conversation.

Anyone care to discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment