Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Tuesday Reading And My Apocryphal Thoughts

Wisdom of Solomon 1-2.
Proverbs 4: 10-19.

One of the things I always wondered about the Apocrypha was why they were excluded from the Bible.  Naturally then, I am hoping that reading these works will give answers to my question.  So far so good.

I thoroughly enjoyed Judith, but could easily identify the reasons why it is not included in the Canon of Scripture.  It has historical inaccuracies.

I'm not even suggesting there was not a Judith who did the things mentioned in the book.  I am just suggesting that the book could not be included due to the inaccuracies in it.

In other news...today's reading from the Wisdom of Solomon, particularly chapter 2, ties in somewhat to a post today on Cranach about atheist churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment