Friday, July 04, 2008

World's Strongest Man

That's one of my favorite competitions on ESPN.

But how about a new competition, ESPN- World's Toughest Man?

I have my first nominee- Chris Snyder, Arizona Diamondbacks catcher.

In fact, I'm not even tough enough to type up a post about what happened to this cat. So I'll let Jim Rome's 'take' suffice. It was even better on the radio- I almost spit spit.

From his website:
"
This next ‘take’ is extreme graphic in nature! And, horrifying! And that’s why I’m going to tell it to you. Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Chris Snyder just suffered the worst injury in the history of major league baseball…a fractured testicle!

Insane! A foul ball off the face without a mask would have felt good by comparison. Given the choice between getting shot in the face and that…I’m taking the lead.


The D-Backs immediately put Snyder on the 15 day D.L.

Never mind the 15 day D.L., how is the guy not dead? If it were me, I would have asked the groundskeeper to break out a shovel, bury me right there behind the dish and I’m calling it a day.

If that guy bounces back from that in two weeks, he’s the toughest “cat” ever!


Aron Ralston, who was trapped under a boulder, broke his own arm and then sawed it off with a pocket knife in order to walk down the side of a mountain to safety...can’t believe how tough Snyder is.

Stay strong bro! I’m already in the process of designing you a “kevlar cup”! Get well…every dude on the face of the earth is pulling for you. Seriously!"

15 day DL? How about 15 year DL?


Okay, Aron Ralston, Chris Snyder, and that dude from the X-games last year who fell from the sky from his skateboard are my first 3 nominees for Toughest Man. Any other nominees?

No comments:

Post a Comment