Saturday, July 17, 2010

Growing Season

Thanks to a new computer this summer, I've been able to start getting some things done. Like posting more.

One of the things I've been able to accomplish is getting a load of pictures off my camera and into files and then backed up.

This year I've been able to get a lot of plant pictures. I thought some of them turned out nicely, so I thought I'd share some over the next few weeks.

To get things started, I'd like to return us to Spring. You remember Spring, right? It was that few days in between the time it was icy and now, when it is unbearable to stay out past noon.

Spring always means tulips. I've had a bed full of Triumph Red tulips for 5 years now. Which is a long time in the tulip universe, considering all the critters in my backyard who like to make meals of bulbs.

The weird thing this year is that I had one lone tulip, in a sea of red, that came out looking like a candy cane. The only one that wasn't solid red, but red and white.

Here's what I've gotten to look forward to for 5 years. (I've also had a bed of taller yellow Big Smile tulips, but sadly, during the winter, they succumbed to both tree squirrels and chipmunks, so only a few survived).










Now, check this out.



I took this next photo at dusk with a flash and am pleased with how it turned out.



If you click on the pictures, you'll get an even better look.

So next year, I'll be looking for the return of the candy cane. Maybe he'll bring some friends. If he doesn't maybe I'll just call in "The Gunny" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment