Sunday, February 27, 2005

Scottius Maximus Is Not A Happy Camper

What is this bull? Charging $7.95 a month ($79.95 for a year!)? For Cardinals Birdhouse? So I can find out from their inside sources that it's guaranteed Renteria is going to sign with the Red Sox, then guaranteed he's re-signing with the Cardinals, then guaranteed he's signing with the Red Sox again, all in the span of one week? Anybody else remember this happening this winter? This is a joke right? Anybody want to pay me $7.95 a month to read my opinions and act like a bigshot? Anybody else want me to ask one more question in this post? I didn't think so. I won't be visiting this website much anymore, and it's coming down off the links. So long Birdhouse, it's been nice knowing you. I'm not paying for something I can get for free (that sounds vaguely familiar to me, but I'm not sure). There are way too many other good Cardinal blogs and websites out there. Only Redbird Nation even deserves a mention of charging a fee to look at it, and I still wouldn't have paid for it. So, I hope no one else out there thinks about doing this.

And what kind of crap is this? KMOX and the Cardinals are a team, like Martin and Lewis, or Lucy and Desi, or Burton and Taylor, or Simon and Garfunkel, or...wait a minute, scratch all that, they all broke up. But you know what I mean. Fifty thousand watts of effective radiated power booming across the lower 48 states. You can't buy advertising like that for your ball club, and yet apparently that's not good enough. Because there's money to be made in the short run by the Cardinals owning their own station. Short-sided, fellas. You'll lose contact with those folks in Monkeys Eyebrow, KY, Smut Eye, AL, Umpire, AR, and Yeehaw Junction, FL that KMOX can reach at night. Not to mention all the St. Louis transplants all over the country. Mark my words, within a generation, the Cardinals will no longer have a national following like they do now if KMOX is not part of the picture.

Okay, enough of this griping. After all, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment