Thursday, February 16, 2006

Spring Has Arrived!

Winter is dead. It felt short this year. Spring arrives at 11 a.m. CST today.

Anybody care to make any predictions?



"Prediction?...Pain."

Okay, besides "pain".

I predict my blog will revert to its baseball season layout.

I predict if he stays healthy, Anthony Reyes will claim a spot on the team. In the rotation.

I predict a ton of facial hair for somebody new, to stir up murmurings among the faithful, like Morris' beard did last year. Let's just hope it's not this guy.

Speaking of that guy, I hope Scott Rolen remembers to bring his glove to spring training this year. As opposed to last year. Rumor has it that it was Rolen's jaw, not his shoulder, that gave out last season. Of course, I did hear that on Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM.

I predict something incoherent will come from Tony LaRussa's mouth. Just like last year. Or like the year before, when he blamed Matt Morris' horrendous first outing, giving up eight runs in one inning, on the fact the game started 5 minutes late.

I predict Mike Shannon will spend his spring training on the golf course and at the track. With a few games to announce sprinkled in.

I predict someone will show up late to spring training and need a good excuse. Therefore, I am selling this photo to any Cardinal who wants to use the excuse his SUV was attacked by marauding Mongols.

Price: $2,500.00.

Ahh, spring training...

it should be fun. Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment