Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Taking Offense- A Page From "The Wall"


What is up with this ad campaign? I think they are trying to make fun of iPod users by calling them chimps. Which I naturally resent. Am I wrong?


When I see things like this, all I can think of is the song "Another Brick In The Wall" by Pink Floyd.


You remember "Another Brick In The Wall", don't you? And that immortal line, "Hey, teacher (or if you really are British, pronounced teachah), leave us chimps alone!"?

Well I do.

So, hey, SanDisk, this ad is just another brick in the wall between us. iPod rules.

4 comments:

  1. And all these years I thought they were saying, "leave us kids alone."
    Blast my non-limey hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mr. Anonymous, you demonstrate the importance of clear auditory canals. I'm quite sure that although it sounds like "kids", it's really "chimps".

    ReplyDelete
  3. When that movie came out, I went to it without my parents permission. I think the only reason it seemed interesting was the fact that my parents wouldn't let me go. I don't remember ANYTHING from that movie and they didn't sing the theme song that much. I'm sure the message was some subversive hippie propoganda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TK said:
    "I'm sure the message was some subversive hippie propoganda!"

    How true. According to my internet sources, the message was this:
    "Come see this movie without your parents permission."

    ReplyDelete