Saturday, December 23, 2006



Seen a few of these. Thanks to TK of Katie's Beer for letting me borrow it.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Egg Nog, although only in small batches at a time. Come to think of it, hot chocolate nog sounds pretty good right now.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?

He just tosses them under the tree unwrapped.

3. Colored or white lights on the tree and/or house?

I prefer white. We have colored, because everyone else likes colored. I did get a tree with white lights, though.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Hanging has been outlawed in Illinois for over 40 years. No. What a question.

5. When do you put your decorations up?

Lucy prefers to keep snowmen up all year round. As far as Christmas goes, usually the Friday after Thanksgiving gives birth to Christmas decorations. The lights outside go up after Thanksgiving whenever a weekend's weather permits.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

I know of no holiday dish but desserts. Rum balls for me.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child.

The excitement building to a frenzy on Christmas Eve as the sun was going down and the actual "Eve" began.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

College freshmen don't usually need to learn the truth about Santa. Which is why I found out in 2nd grade. After talking about Santa to a classmate, I was asked incredulously if I still believed in Santa. Mustering up all my cool, and realizing at that instant that I had been had, I nonchalantly responded, "Of course not."

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

When my father's parents were still alive, we opened presents on Christmas Eve with them. We waited then for Santa's gifts Christmas morning and my mother's parents and family later on Christmas day. Now we open one gift Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

Just look at the picture. Are you that lazy you can't scroll up a few lines? Gee whizz! Ahem.

White lights, red beads, red and gold bulbs, and gold and red bows.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?

If it's going to be cold anyway, let there be snow. Otherwise, I prefer warm days.

12. Can you ice skate?

Can I ice skate? Did I just get asked if I can ice skate? Can I ice skate? Actually, no, I'm terrible. But I've never fallen, either.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

No, I don't have a favorite. Too many good ones. GI Joes, Big Jims, action doll knights with plastic armor, army men, Fort Apache, medieval forts, farm stuff; I can't choose a favorite.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?

It used to be the getting presents, definitely. Now it's just time to relax from working and spend time with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

Piy. What everyone else might spell p-i-e. Long story.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Besides this? I would have to say Christmas Eve service.

17. What tops your tree?

A large bow that matches the other bows on the tree.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?

I've always been an All-Star receiver.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?

"Parade of the Wooden Soldiers".

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yum?

Canes made of candy rock! Yum.


2 comments:

  1. And honey, you didn't even make your rum balls this year! Of course, you still have time to make them!! :)

    ReplyDelete