I really made a haul this year. Here's what I got. Hope your take was as bountiful.
- The popular CD "Led Zeppelin On The Pipe Organ." I gotta tell ya, 'Stairway' sounds awesome.
- I received a shipment of two tons of printer paper from recycled sources. Mine came with a certificate claiming my paper originated from all those World Series tickets the Cubs had printed. I shall gleefully print everything I possibly can this year.
- Since my favorite books are "pop-ups", I was glad to see I received Chef Gordon Ramsey's "Another Kitchen Nightmares Pop-up and Scratch-n-Sniff Book". Watch out for the slime mold that jumps out from under the stove surface. I almost gagged.
- A year's subscription to my favorite magazine, "Blogger Fancy".
- In keeping with the blogging theme, I got bobbleheads of all my favorite bloggers, including Lucy, Angus, TK, Barb, Rick, MarieN, Dan at NR, and DanUp. Now, whenever I read your posts, I'll just reach over and tap your head and watch it bobble if I like what you say. Don't worry, the guy I bought them from swore there was no voodoo involved.
- I received the rare and hard to find "Issues, Etc." home game. Which is great, because I always wanted to pretend I was Jeff.
- Although I didn't get "Treasury of Daily Prayer," I did get an anonymous gift- "The Rod Blagojevich Study Bible". However, I kind of found it offensive, actually, as it is littered with a healthy diet of F-bombs in the footnotes. But I do recognize there are a lot of people who find this way of speaking natural, so perhaps it will help clarify some things for them.
- I got the "Russian Roulette Travel Mug." This thing has 6 holes at the top, and you have to spin the opening to get it to work each time you want a sip. Trouble is, you don't know which hole works. If you guess wrong, it gets really quite messy. I've got coffee stains all over my new shirt. I'll have to start drinking more water in the morning.
Anyone get anything better than this?