Thursday, January 11, 2018

Thursday Reading And A Family Resemblence?

Genesis 31-33.
Matthew 11.


It must have been fate that yesterday I watched one of my favorite movie scenes on the same day that Viva El Birdos made a post about Willie McGee's California Gumbo recipe.

Because I finally saw it.  For the first time in my life I saw it.

What I am about to point out may have been obvious to you, but I never realized it.

At the end of For A Few Dollars More, the colonel gets his chimes back off the dead body of Indio.  And Clint Eastwood's man with no name utters "Seems to be a family resemblance."



And then I saw this picture of Willie McGee and it all fell into place.


Willie McGee and Lee Van Cleef were definitely separated at birth.



Don't you agree?


By the way, I can't leave this post without embedding that scene.  With the possible exception of the ending of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, this has to be the greatest ending to any western ever made.

The music.  The dialogue.  The expressions.  It's an absolute genius work of art.  And now I'll enjoy it even more knowing it has Willie McGee's brother in it, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment