Saturday, March 03, 2018

This Week's Reading

Deuteronomy 16-30.
Luke 14-18.


Busy week, sorry so long between posts.  I found myself falling asleep in my chair this week before I even got on my blog at night.  How old man-ish of me.

Luke 18:9-14 is one of those devastating sections for me to read.   

Nowadays, whenever I read this I can't help but think of this virtue-signaling mess of a culture America has created for itself.  How it beats its breast filled with self-righteousness and judges those who dare to swim against its made-up rules and commandments.

My how creepy we are and will continue to be.

But then I am brought back to the reality that in these very thoughts, I am guilty of the very thing I am condemning.  Oh, wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death?

Only Christ, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment