Saturday, January 26, 2019

So I Complain About Modern Football And I Get Two Fun Games As A Result

Last Sunday's games were awesome.

And although there was no mud or grass, it was a worthwhile expense of my time to watch.  Tony Romo made the experience of the AFC championship that much better.  The man is uncanny in the accuracy of his analysis and foresight.

So, we won't get the Chiefs in the Super Bowl for the first time in 49 years.  But we will get the Patriots for the 4th time in 5 years and 9th time in 18 years

Anyone seen this movie?  Yawn.

Strangely, I'll root for them anyway, against the Rams, the team without a home.  Can't stand them since they moved from St. Louis, to a land where no one gives a fleck of mud on their cleats about them.

The Super Bowl hype starts this week.  It's that time to manufacture some more news.  I've had enough of that as well.  Double yawn.

I guess the timing is right, then, for this post and the AFL history lesson that I've attached.  In it, we finally get to the leadup to the first Super Bowl in 1967.

I have grown to agree with the opinion, one stated in this series, that the NFL won those first two Super Bowls solely because it was the league of the Packers, not because the NFL was superior.  The Packers were simply the best team around in the '60s.

Those Super Bowls proved nothing about which league was better.  They just proved no one could defeat the Packers in that era.

Anyway, enjoy this next video, the 3rd in the 5 part series.


No comments:

Post a Comment