Friday, January 08, 2021

Wednesday/Thursday/Friday Reading, Lot, And Rev. Paul T. McCain

Wednesday:
Genesis 16-18.
Matthew 6.

Thursday:
Genesis 19-21.
Matthew 7.

Friday:
Genesis 22-24.
Matthew 8.


So why is Lot mentioned in Genesis?

He is surely as wretched as all of us, and seems like a side story, until we come to the point.  I love Genesis 19:16.  The LORD was merciful to Lot.  He just up and saved him.  Not because of anything he had done.  My goodness, look what he tried to do to his daughters.

Genesis 19:16, and really verse 15, are very comforting words to a bunch of wretches like us

A few years ago I commented on this event in a post here.  Hard to believe that was 10 years ago.  When I went to look for it, I thought it was maybe 3-5 years ago.  Wow.

This post in 2011 is also remarkable for the fact that the Rev. Paul T. McCain was kind enough to visit my blog and leave a comment.

For those who don't know, this frequent contributor to the great Issues, Etc. was the publisher at Concordia Publishing House.  I was saddened to hear of his passing this past November.  

Betcha he is not sad like the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment